1 hr 30 min
Ingredients for the crust
|500 gr wheat flour|
|300 ml water|
|7 gr yeast|
|10 gr salt|
|1 tsp dried oregano|
Ingredients for the sauce
|Half of an onion|
|3 cloves of garlic|
|140 gr tomato puree|
|Pinch of oregano|
|Pepper / salt|
- Mix the yeast, oregano, salt, wheat flour and water in a bowl. Knead this with your hands to create a smooth dough and keep kneading for about 5 minutes.
- Knead the dough into a ball. Grease the ball of dough with some oil and let it rest op a plate. Cover with plastic foil and let it rise for about an hour until it has doubled in size.
You can prepare the tomato sauce while the dough is rising.
- Chop the onion and garlic up and cut the tomatoes in small pieces. Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion and garlic. Add the tomato puree when the onion starts turning transparent and cook this all for a few minutes. Add a few drops of water if the tomato puree starts burning.
- Add the tomato pieces to the pan and cook this all for about 15 minutes. The sauce is done when the tomato has turned soft.
- You can keep the tomato sauce like this or you can puree it.
- Turn the temperature of the oven to 225 degrees. Place the plate on which the pizza will be cooked in the oven so it becomes hot too.
- Slam the air out of the dough when it is ready. Throwing the dough on a working surface a number of times works perfectly. There after cut the dough in 3 pieces and roll it flat with a pin roller into the shape of your liking. Keep the edges a little thicker than the rest of the dough so you get a nice crust. Now put the dough on the baking paper and start covering the pizza with sauce and toppings. Make sure that you do not use too much sauce and toppings.
- Bake the pizza in a about 15 minutes until done. Your pizza is done when the edges start turning brown and crispy.
Your pizza is ready, enjoy!